Monday, September 12, 2016

The Weight Loss Post...


So I challenged myself to be vegan for a year.

I didn't make it.

I can't say it was any reason other than, I didn't want to do it anymore.
Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed eating a vegan diet, I felt really good all the time but it got boring to me and it became so worrisome having to tiptoe around every meal and every grocery store visit. I have so much respect for full time vegans, bravo to you but I missed cheese...SO MUCH.

Another big reason was weight loss. Let's talk weight loss. When I first switched to the vegan diet I lost 33 pounds in a matter of weeks. It was amazing. Unbelievable, really. I could'nt believe I finally figured it out. I was on cloud nine. Then my weightloss stalled. I was doing all the same things, but I wasn't losing weight anymore. I'm sure that there are things I could have done (like work out) that could have jumpstarted my weight loss but my brain does not work like that. I got discouraged and all those 33 pounds are now back with me.

Sigh. I have lost and gained this same 30 pounds so many times, I've honestly lost count.

I don't know why weight loss has been so hard for me, it seems like it should be something pretty straight forward for me, so cut and dry, but again, my brain doesn't work like that. So here I am, writing my first real post on this blog, trying to refocus and get my mind right. I want it, and I realize that I have to take care of myself to actually GET IT! My lifestyle is changing. I'm no longer vegan but the goal is to still be healthy. I have dealt with issues of emotional eating for years and it's time to break these habits, get active and change my life forever.

I choose to document this journey on my blog because I don't have much of a support system as far as weight loss goes and I am hoping this will be helpful for me along the way. I hope you guys choose to stick around for the journey with me.


No comments: