Thursday, December 1, 2016

Dear Future Husband...

I decided I should write you a letter. I have no idea who you are or where you are but a few days ago I decided I NEEDED to write to you. Not so long ago I thought it was the end of the world, but now I am so appreciative that we haven't yet made our way to one another. Or maybe we have and just don't know it yet. Hmmm? Either way, I'm not quite ready and how could I expect you to share your life with someone who isn't ready? Don't get me wrong, I've been anxiously ready to know you and love you but most importantly, I need to know and love myself too. I don't want to give you some of me with the expectation that you fill a void. I want to give you 100% of the best version of myself.

I'm still working.

I'm working on accepting every part of me, so that it won't be unbelievable to hear you say you love everything about me. I'm working on being content without you and enjoy my own company, so there won't be a moment that I doubt you want to be around. I'm working on being genuinely happy, so that I can make you the happiest man in the world.

I want you to know that I'm your biggest fan and no matter what life throws at you, at us, I'll be right by your side, probably getting on your nerves. I want you to know that your family is mine. I want you to know that I pray for you and I thank God for all that He is doing in your life to prepare you for me. I apologize now for the million questions while we're watching tv and for my potential snoring. Woo! Forgive me, I'm not perfect.

I look forward to all that comes with being your wife. I will appreciate the good and the bad, and our growth. I look forward to cooking for two instead of one and baking cakes for your birthday. I look forward to cuddling and waking up next to my best friend. I look forward to it all!

Dear future husband,
I'm patiently waiting.
With love, Your future wife.
Brandi


No comments: