Monday, May 16, 2016

From Brandi, With Love.


If you're reading this, its too late. No, I'm kidding. If you're reading this, chances are you've seen me talking about starting my new blog or you've been a reader from all of my failed attempts to get this thang poppin' in the past. Either way, WELCOME!

I started blogging in 2007, for both a personal blog and a Lupe Fiasco fan blog. I was in my mid-twenties, unsure of what I wanted out of life, but I knew I loved art, music and culture and wanted to share all the things that stirred some interest in me. I enjoyed blogging but never really had any clear direction, so I kinda lost interest. Over the last few years, I have struggled with finding myself and my purpose. I've been depressed, very hard on myself about my physical appearance and weight, and unhappy. There have been many, many tears, a failed relationship and a lot of self loathing but now I feel like I'm finally headed in the direction God intended for me. I honestly feel like a brand new person. and I want to write about who I am now, a 32 year old woman that has been down but is definitely not out. A woman who is gaining confidence everyday, working towards making her dreams come true and living every day being good to myself.

This blog will be about my journey. About loving myself unconditionally, about my art, my life, about my passion. And I really hope that I can maybe help someone along the way. I hope you stick around for the ride.

No comments: